Washington state has a long and proud history of honoring diversity. In Washington, we know that the diverse families, expressions of personal identity, and experiences of all our residents enrich our future.
The Rainbow Alliance and Inclusion Network is a LGBTQ+ and Ally Business Resource Group committed to diversity and inclusion efforts that allow our staff to bring their full authentic selves to work in order to do their best work on behalf of Washingtonians.
- Are you interested in coming to speak? Contact us.
- Interested in state service? Please visit www.careers.wa.gov.
- RAIN SharePoint site (state employees only)
Oct. 22, 2021 - Outstanding Agency Awards: Congratulations to this year's RAIN Outstanding Agency Award winners!
- The Department of Children, Youth, and Families
- The Department of Social and Health Services - Developmental Disabilities Administration - Rainier School
- The Employment Security Department
Every year, Washington state employees nominate agencies that have led the way in work to help create a safe and inclusive environment for LGTBQ+ employees. Nominations highlight specific changes in policies, practices, and culture that each agency has done to promote LGTBQ+ awareness and inclusivity. These awards are so special because the nominations come from employees within the agency that appreciate and recognize the work being done agency wide. We celebrate and thank all the nominated agencies for the work they are doing!
The 2021 Agency Awards Ceremony was on Oct. 21, 2021 during our October general membership meeting.
The RAIN newsletter is published quarterly, see the latest issues below. Find more past issues on our subcommittee page.
- Executive Order 21-01
- Directive 16-11
- BRG Participation Policy
- BRG Participation Policy Frequently Asked Questions
- Safe Places WA
- Human Rights Commission
- Employee Assistance Program
More about RAIN
- Who we are: read about our background, goals and our current officers.
- Get involved: attending our general membership meetings and how to get more involved.
- Subcommittees: Our work with the Safe Space WA program, guiding state agencies with best practices, and outreach and communications.
Contact and Connect
RAIN is a Business Resource Group managed by the Office of Financial Management.
- Questions and feedback: RAIN@ofm.wa.gov
Sign up for RAIN updates, meeting information, and receive our quarterly newsletter.