Skip to main content
- The LGBT Divide: A Data Portrait of LGBT People in the Midwestern, Mountain & Southern States
- This report reviews social climate, demographic, economic, and health indicators, and highlights discrepancies between states with anti-discrimination laws and those without, along with regional disparities in the South, Midwest, and Mountain states.
- Attitudes Toward LGBT Patients Among Students in the Health Professions: Influence of Demographics and Discipline | LGBT Health
- This study explores the connection between the personal and professional attitudes of healthcare students toward LGBT individuals and their professional, demographic, and training characteristics. Results suggest that it is important to address personal factors in professional curriculum related to LGBT patient care.
- Mental Health Disparities Within the LGBT Population: A Comparison Between Transgender and Nontransgender Individuals | Transgender Health
- This study examines mental health disparities between transgender and cisgender individuals.
- Intimate Partner Violence Victimization in LGBT Young Adults: Demographic Differences and Associations with Health Behaviors
- This study examines the prevalence of intimate partner violence (IPV) among LGBT individuals, with special attention to potential differences in IPV among LGBT individuals of different demographic groups, as well as the health consequences of IPV for LGBT individuals. Findings show that demographics of IPV are similar in heterosexual and LGBT individuals.
- A Spotlight on Two Spirit (Native LGBT) Communities
- This resource compiles data and reports concerning the Two Spirit community, highlighting areas in which the Two Spirit Community is gaining ground, and where further support is needed. Includes links to outside resources and research.
- Erasure and Resilience: The Experiences of LGBTQ Students of Color: Native American, American Indian, and Alaska Native LGBTQ Youth in U.S. Schools
- This report from GLSEN and the Center for Native American Youth examines the experiences of Native and Indigenous LGBTQ+ students with regard to negative school climate and the impact this negative climate has on psychological well-being, educational aspirations, and academic achievement.
- Sharing Our Lived Experiences: 22 Tips for Caring for Two-Spirit and Native LGBTQ Youth in the Child Welfare System
- These tips are meant to assist child welfare workers, foster and adoptive parents, tribal community members, and caregivers for working with, supporting, and caring for Native LGBTQ and Two Spirit native and indigenous youth and children involved with the child welfare system.
- Tribal Equity Toolkit 3.0: TRIBAL RESOLUTIONS AND CODES TO SUPPORT TWO SPIRIT & LGBTQ JUSTICE IN INDIAN COUNTRY
- The Tribal Equity Toolkit identifies areas in which tribal law may be discriminatory against Two Spirit and LGBTQ community members, gives tribal legislators an overview of legal/policy issues that impact the lives of LGBTQ2S community members, and provides sample resolution and code language for tribal lawmakers to consider adopting in order to promote equity among their communities.
- Walking in Two Worlds: Supporting the Two Spirit and Native LGBTQ Community
- This resource provides background information on Two Spirit and LGBTQ identities, highlighting the history of the Two Spirit term. It gives tips on how to be helpful to LGBTQ2S people as a partner or friend, as well as tips for respectful and effective interactions with LGBTQ2S community members. Additional resources and websites are also provided.
- The Traumas Affecting Intersex Individuals - Simiskey
- This research essay works to understand the social stigmas surrounding this demographic, the internal and external consequences of being diagnosed with hermaphroditic genitalia, and review the impacts modern day cultures have on the mental wellbeing of those who identify as intersex.